Sat, Jan 07|
Rising Moon Studio
A day retreat designed to help you be in the moment. Learn and practice mindfulness techniques to support your first steps towards becoming a more focused, calm & content you in 2023 .
Time & Location
Jan 07, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. MST
Rising Moon Studio, 52219 RR231, Sherwood Park, AB T8B 1A7, Canada
About the event
The beginning is the most important part of the work. - Plato
If you feel like you are just going through the motions of each day in order to survive, you are not alone. In an effort to prevent overwhelm, we often block out, tune out and numb ourselves from excessive stimulation we encounter on a daily basis. But this constant 'survival' mode means we are missing out on so many rich experiences around us.
Join me, Kat McLean from Nourish to Glow, as I guide you through a day of intentional breath, movement, and mindfulness designed to help you practice presence. The beautiful space at the Rising Moon Studio is our setting for cultivating awareness within ourselves, and our environment.
What the day will look like:
- 8:30 - 9:00 Arrival & coffee/tea (please arrive early as we will start at 900am SHARP
- 9:00 - 10:30 Heighten your senses with energizing yoga & breath practices (ALL LEVELS)
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break: energy balls, muffins*, fruit, coffee/tea**
- 10:45 - 11:15 Opening circle: Welcome, Introductions & Overview of the day
- 11:15 - 12:00 A taste of Mindfulness - learn & implement mindfulness techniques
- 12:00 - 12:30 Lunch* - enjoy a nourishing plant based lunch
- 12:30 - 1:00 A look at Mindfulness - learn & implement mindfulness techniques
- 1:00 - 2:00 Free time: practice the mindfulness techniques in the tranquil setting of Rising Moon Studio and estate as you move through your choice of activities: outdoor hot tub, forest walk, journaling, affirmation rocks, mindful coloring
- 2:00-2:30 A listen to Mindfulness; Conscious Relaxation - learn & practice another mindfulness technique, discuss how to create a mindfulness practice
- 2:30 - 3:00 CLOSING CIRCLE & GOODBYES
**OPTIONAL RESTORATIVE CLASS - Interested in staying for a POST-RETREAT restorative yoga class for an additional $20? DM me and if there is enough interest, I will run the class from 3:30 - 4:30pm.
* Food is dairy free. Please make allergies known at time of booking.
** Non-dairy & dairy milk provided for tea/coffee.
DATE & TIME: Saturday, January 7th 8:30 am -3:00 pm
LOCATION: Rising Moon Studio, 52219 RR231, Sherwood Park
DECEMBER ONLY - BOGO 50% OFF (Receive 50% off a friend's ticket when you register together.)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Lao Tzu
Kat is an RYT 900 and an intuitive living coach who has been teaching internationally for 15 years. She has studied and taught traditional eastern philosophy and practices throughout SE Asia and has applied these teachings to overcome migraines, addiction, and disordered eating .
Valid for one person for all retreat activities from 8:30-3:00pm.Sale ended
- $117.00Tax: +$5.85 GST
Bring a friend/partner and receive 50% off their ticket. Valid for 2 people to attend all retreat activities from 8:30-3:00pm.Sale ended
- $175.50Tax: +$8.78 GST